, , , , , ,

Just a week ago, I went through one of the most annoying and laborious days of my life. I realized that I never put up the post about the airport, and coming home from Florida, and I had a whole week to do so. But nevermind that, the truth about the whole airport experience was that it took so incredibly long.

I was having a nice dream in our hotel room. Snow was falling, and I was drinking eggnog while lifting up my pinkie finger, and I had a Santa Claus mug. But then the whole house that I was in shook, and I woke up. My brother was shaking me, and yelling a me to get up. It was 4:00 in the morning. We scheduled a shuttle bus to come at 4:30, so we had to get ready. I was so tired, and I couldn’t believe that a shuttle bus driver would actually come at 4:00 in the morning. Yet it did, and we boarded on it feeling miserable.

When we got to the airport, I just needed to lay down and go to sleep. They checked our luggage for airport security, and we sat down in the waiting area. It was 6:00, and the flight was supposed to leave at 8:00. I tried to look at the positive side, and I thought, “Two hours! That’s not bad at all!” I’m pretty sure I dozed off for a couple of minutes, and then the most upsetting thing happened. The flight was delayed for another hour. I let out an incredibly loud groan, and tried to focus on something else. When I thought nothing could get worse, it did. The flight was delayed for another hour! Now instead of two ours of waiting in an airport, it was 4!

Finally, after what seemed like forever it ended. We were boarding the flight. Nerve struck me as we boarded the plane, but it wasn’t as bad as last time. We got on the plane, and we had to walk to the very back, because our seats were there. We had to wait at least 20 more minutes, and when that was over, we took off. I went on a plane once before, so I wasn’t nervous or excited for this one.

After we were in the air for a while, I got so incredibly bored. Funny how when you are in the sky for the first time you think it is exciting and fun, until you go on again, when you realize that it isn’t as fun the second time. Also it is strange how you get bored when you are in the sky. You are soaring in the sky.

A couple of hours passed, and our plane was going down. I was still tired, but it was almost over. Or so I thought. We left the plane, annoyed to be back home. This experience had taught me a lesson in life. Never use a shuttle bus.

We went to the shuttle bus stop on the side of the street. It was almost over. Visions of sugarplums danced in my head. The shuttle bus came, and we were ready. It was creaky and old, and it made a loud noise whenever it went on a bump.There was a heater right in front of my face blasting heat in my eyes, and I couldn’t turn it off. And the worst part was that there were no seat belts! I tried to keep my cool, but I knew that there would be one point where I couldn’t. The driver took us on a turn, and after a huge bump, we were stuck in traffic. As if the day wasn’t bad enough. I tried to stay positive. ‘Ok, we’re stuck in a little bit of traffic. Of course this won’t take too long. It could be worse.’ After a bit, traffic cleared up. We kept driving, and then I bet you can’t guess what happened next. We got suck in more traffic!

In the end, we got home around 5:00, all exhausted. That happened about a week ago. The memory of it is demonic and hated. But, it happened, sadly. In the end, all I have to say, is that it was one of the worst things that ever happened to me.